|Course Name||Bachelor of Business|
|Duration (Part Time)||N/A|
|Duration (Full Time)||3 Years|
|2018 Course Fees||22,000|
|Intake Dates||March, July, November|
|University||University of the Sunshine Coast|
|Faculty||Business, IT & Tourism|
English Language Requirement
Overall IELTS score of 6 with no individual band score less than 5.5 OR equivalent.
Academic Entry Requirements
Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent Mathematics.
Develop a well-rounded business education with sought-after skills in today’s business world. This program is designed to create creative and critical thinkers. You’ll learn how to apply innovative problem-solving techniques to business concepts, products and services. Choose from a range of business majors to specialise in the area that interests you most, including accounting, financial planning, human resource management, international business, management, marketing, and tourism, leisure and event management. You’ll get practical experience through an optional internship (over 96 hours) in the business sector. Apply what you’ve learnt to real situations and spend a semester in another country with the Study Overseas program. You’ll gain valuable experience and build industry contacts that could lead to a job before you even graduate. This program is a strong base to continue your studies in law or honours.
Business majors: international business; management; marketing;
Depending on the major chosen: business management, human resource management, marketing management, market research, international business, importing / exporting, industrial relations, tourism and hospitality management, retail / sales, computing, systems analysis.
In order to graduate you must:
• Complete 7 required introductory level (100 coded) courses
• Complete 2 required advanced level (200/300 coded) courses
• Complete 15 elective courses, 12 must be advanced level (200/300 coded) courses
• (Optional) Use electives to complete a major (8 courses) or minor (4 courses)
• Complete no more than 10 introductory level (100 coded) courses, including the core course
• Complete no more than 6 courses from the School of Communication, School of Social Sciences or Faculty of Science, Health, Education and Engineering
• Register any selected majors and minors with your Faculty
Introductory courses (7)
BUS101 Business Analytics BUS102
Introduction to Economics BUS104
Management and Organisational
Introduction to Marketing BUS106
Accounting for Business # BUS108
Introduction to Informatics # COR109
Communication and Thought
Advanced Courses (2)
BUS203 Business Law and Ethics
BUS320 Corporate Governance and Social Responsibility