The Accounting Professional Year Program is available to overseas students who have an Australian accounting degree qualification as a result of at least two years’ study in Australia.
The Accounting Professional Year progam was developed by CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Institute of Public Accountants. The program is delivered by ATMC’s highly experienced trainers, who take a keen interest in each participant’s journey. Learn how to navigate Australian workplace culture and develop the confidence and professional skills required to progress your career.
The PY Program at ATMC must consist of at least 500 hours of formal engagement over a minimum of 44 weeks. The program must be completed within the 52 weeks period (12 calendar months) from the course start date, and it is divided into two phases: 32 weeks of coursework (250 hours) and 12 weeks (250 hours) of an industry related internship.
Subject to availability, classes can be held on weekdays and weekends. Please submit an enquiry for more details.
Week 1-2: Orientation
- Orientation (2 hours)
- Program Introduction
Week 3-14: Communication and Performance in the Australian Workplace (CPW)
- Performance in Business Meetings
- Addressing Customer Need
- Workplace Communications – Customer Meetings
- Business Writing
- Business Research
Week 15-32: Entry and Advancement in the Australian Workplace (EAW)
- Introductory Australian Workplace Culture
- Workplace Compliance and Special Issues
- Workplace Relationships and Effective Management
- Individual Professional Work Performance
- Team Professional Work Performance – Collaboration
- Preparation for Employment
- Interviews and Job Hunting Skills
- Preparation for Internship
- Australian Employment Standards
Week 33-44: Internship
* This is sample structures only. Please refer to course offerings for more detail.
* Unit offering may change during semester subject to staff availability.